News of the 1st term 2019-2020
Waiting for the holidays to come…
To make your children’s wait more bearable in the run-up to the end-of-year celebrations, we offer you some DIY ideas and recipes which the whole family can make to brighten up the home’s decorations.
To truly enter into the festive atmosphere of the end-of-year holidays, what could be better than combining a nifty decoration with the warm fragrance of spices? Cinnamon and cloves will invite the entire family to curl up in this sweet festive atmosphere. This is why we suggest making a shortbread rendition of the little gingerbread man to delight the young and old alike as well as a decorative version to brighten up your gift packages.
For 24 cookies that you can hang on the tree or place in a nice candy box:
- 125 g creamed butter
- 80 g raw cane sugar
- 100 g acacia honey
- 1 egg
- 300 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- 1 cookie cutter in the shape of a gingerbread man
- Some string (if you want to hang your cookies on the tree)
For the frosting:
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- In a bowl, mix the creamed butter with the sugar and honey.
- Stir in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and gingerbread spices. Add them to the previous mixture. Now is time that the kids have been waiting for – to work the dough with their hands!
- Cover the dough in cling film and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough on a work surface dusted with flour, to a thickness of ½ cm.
- Cut out the cookies with the cookie cutter. Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. If you want to hang your cookies on the tree, do not forget to make a hole – with a toothpick for example – for the string.
- Let them bake for 10 to 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C. Take in the fantastic fragrance wafting out of the oven...
- Give them time to cool off completely (if the apprentice pastry chefs are able to keep from devouring them). Meanwhile, prepare the royal icing by mixing the egg white and icing sugar. Now, it’s time for the most fun part – decorating the cookies!!
To make the cardboard Mannele for decorating the gift packages:
- Corrugated cardboard
- White, red and black paint
- Red fabric
- Red and white pipe cleaner
- 1 paintbrush
- And any small accessories and decorations you can find at home
Cut out the shape of a man in the corrugated cardboard. Peel back the top layer to reveal the stripes of the corrugated cardboard. Using sweeping movements, paint the wavy surface to obtain a striped effect. Let the paint dry.
Use the paintbrush to draw a mouth and eyes.
Use the glue to apply the buttons. Cut ribbons out of red fabric and glue them to make the sleeves and shoes.
Fold a piece of pipe cleaner to form a candy cane. Glue it to the little man, along with the other pretty decorations from around the home.